Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy 1-year bloggiversary to me!

November 24th marks the 1 year anniversary of this little blog of mine.  I don’t feel as though this is a huge, monumental occasion or anything, but I do see people write about their “bloggiversaries” so I thought I would join the club.  If nothing else, it is an opportunity to reflect on the past and set goals for the future.

Do you think I should suggest Derek get me a 1 year bloggiversary gift?  Or maybe I should just get something for myself.  I love any reason to give and receive gifts (especially when I’m giving them to myself!)

So a lot has happened in my life since November 24, 2011.  Here are some events that stand out in my mind:

  • we said au revoir to our little bachelor(ette) after 2 and a half years of sharing 475 square feet, and moved into our condo


  • my other bff got engaged to the man of HER dreams!

  • Derek and I traveled to NYC
  • I started a new job
  • I participated in my first try-a-triathlon (and it will not be my first and only!)

  • some amazing women brought new people into the world (summer 2012 could also be dubbed "the summer of births"!)
  • my dad is successfully recovering from hip surgery
  • Derek survived his 10 day bachelor party in Myrtle Beach

It's been a really positive year.  And even though I stressed over having such a jam-packed (and expensive) calendar at times, it was filled with awesome events and celebrations.  So I am taking this time to reflect on how lucky I am to have so much good in my life.

As for my blog, I am happy where I am and what I’ve been able to accomplish.  Through writing I’ve learned that it’s something I really enjoy!  I always loved keeping a journal while growing up and this feels very similar.  I never put too much pressure on myself to spin out a certain amount of blogs per month (although 1 per week was an unofficial goal), and I don’t think I ever forced a post if I wasn’t in the mood.  I tried to be as honest as possible in my writing which was one tip I read multiple times when researching about starting up a blog.

So I do hope that you, my readers, find my writing to be honest, enjoyable, sometimes informative and never too heavy.  I hope to make you laugh, too!

I love my little blog and the fact that it’s so simple keeps me from feeling pressured.  But I would like to see improvements and upgrades in some areas.
  •  I haven’t put much effort into learning html or the tricks of blogger.com.  I don’t want to be a programming genius, but simply knowing how to make a nice banner with my own photos would be nice!
  • So I like arts and crafts, I knew this.  And I think I’ve mastered the glue gun (I hardly burn my fingers anymore).  But I think it’s time for me to tackle some bigger projects.  Maybe get to know my power drill a little better so that I’m not so intimidated when I see that it’s needed for a certain project.  With our wedding date approaching; putting some love into our condo is going to become a larger priority and I would like to tackle some more involved DIY projects.  And of course share them with you!
  • I need to keep it real.  I know I just said that I’m honest and myself in my writing, however my posts are mostly positive.  Not to say that my life isn’t mostly positive, because it is!  But I am going to try to be less shy about sharing mistakes, learning experiences or topics that make me feel queasy (budgets and money for example).

And before I forget, I would like to thank anyone and everyone who has ever read (or even just skimmed) through my blog.  I think it’s so cool that people I don’t even know, not to mention friends and family, take the time to read what I write.  If I could make you all yarn wreathes and my mom’s butter tarts and send them to you in a beautifully wrapped parcel, I totally would!

So there we have it.  My first bloggiversary post!  I wonder how many more there will be.  Maybe one day I will be famous like Sherry and John Petersik of YoungHouse Love!  But probably not.  And I’m totally ok with little lovelee honeybee remaining as my online journal.  It's my nice little place where I can keep track of and share special events, pictures, learning experiences, and accomplishments.  

But I do secretly want to be just like Sherry Petersik.  She has mad power drill skillz.  I'm just sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment